I recently discovered that John keeps a candy stash in his safe. This stash included my favorite, the chocolate orange. I Didn’t know quite how to feel about this. So, I made a chocolate orange cake and didn’t share. Just kidding. I shared, but he may not have deserved it.
Chocolate Orange Bundt Cake for California Grown
- Stand Mixer
- 3 cup All purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup Granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- ½ cup Cocoa powder
- 2 cup Fresh juice from @cagrown oranges
- 2 Tbls. orange zest grated
- ½ cup Vanilla yogurt
- 2 room temp eggs
- 1 tsp. Orange extract
- 2 Tbls. Tbl. Balsamic vinegar
- ½ a bar baking chocolate grated
- ½ cup Fresh juice from @cagrown oranges
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- 2 Tbls. Fresh juice from @cagrown oranges
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and spray a your Bundt pan with a flour based non-stick spray.
- In an electric mixer combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cocoa. Slowly add orange juice, vanilla yogurt, vinegar and eggs. Mix until just combined. Do not over mix. Add orange zest by hand.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 min, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 20 min before turning over on to a cooling rack.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to two days. When ready to serve, unwrap and drizzle orange juice over room temp cake.
- Combine icing sugar and orange juice By hand in a small bowl to make a glaze.
- Pour glaze over Bundt before serving. Garnish with zest, chocolate shavings and orange segments.