Ready for a quick and easy crowd pleaser?
Let me share with you how to make these super easy cookies, that will really hit the spot. They are soft, chewy and full of flavor and texture.
Just look at all that texture.
Pistachio, Cherry, White Chocolate Cookies
- 1.5 cups of roasted unsalted pistachios @keenanfarms
- 5 c all purpose flour
- 1 large box of Jello-O instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons good vanilla extract or bean paste
- 2 cups of salted butter at room temperature
- 1.5 c. granulated sugar
- 1.5 c. brown sugar
- 4 room temperature eggs
- 1 c. cherry juice
- 1 package of dried cherries
- 2 c. white chocolate chips
- First, you will want to grind up about two cups of roasted unsalted and shelled, pistachios. Maybe have the kids shell them for you! Pulse shelled nuts in a food processor until you have a fine crumb. Some pieces will be bigger than others, texture baby! This should yield 1 & 1/2 cups of crumb with a little extra for topping later.
- Set your oven to preheat at 325 degrees.
- Add your dried cherries to a bowl of cherry juice and let them soak in it for about 5 min. Drain them and then chop the cherries up. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add room temperature eggs, one at a time until each is incorporated. Add vanilla pudding mix and extract.
- In a large mixing bow, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and pistachio.
- Slowly add dry mixture, to butter and sugar/butter mixture. Mix with a paddle attachment until just combined. Add in white chocolate chips and mix until just combine.
- I scoop out balls of dough with an ice cream scooper and press a couple chips, pistachio crumbs and cherries into the top of each ball to make a real pretty cookie. Line dough balls up on a cookie sheet and freeze them for at least 15 min. Once hard, you can bake some, and put the rest in a zipper bag to bake another time. Keep them in the freezer until needed.
- Bake for 12-15 min, depending on your oven.
This recipe was developed in partnership with Keenan Farms Pistachios.
If you like this recipe you may also like this Lemon Pistachio Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting from This Mess is Ours.