Ice cream, perfect for the heat of summer, and simple enough for kid helpers! My daughters enjoyed helping out with this recipe. It is very simple. Pistachios add a great texture color to ice cream. They are also a healthy protein that helps balance this treat. We found an awesome little ice cream maker from Target here.
Pistachio Ice Cream
- 1/4-1/2 cup Unsalted Pistachios from Keenan Farms
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream from Producers Dairy
- 1 cup Whole Milk from Producers Dairy
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbl. vanilla extract
- 1 drop green food coloring optional
- Freeze your ice cream maker bowl overnight.
- In a mixing bowl fitted with a wisk attachment, wisk milk and cream together. Slowly add in sugar until dissolved. Add vanilla or almond extract and a touch of food color.
- Chill mixture in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Add one cup of mixture to ice cream maker and churn.
- Once finished, hand mix Keenan Farms Pistachios into ice cream and top with more for garnish!
This recipe was made in partnership with our friends at Keenan Farms. You can get their products here.